Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library Guide for Built Environment students and staff at the University of Malaya. The aim of this guide is to help Built Environment students find information in the library. Before you begin searching for information, you should first thoroughly understand the topic you are searching. Please don't hesitate to contact us for assistance. The subject librarian for this faculty is Mr Faizal Abdul Aziz. Please contact him for more information regarding:
- General library services & resources
- Library inductions and information skills training
- In-depth research support (eg;Resecher ID class, online databases etc)
- Individual or group consultations as required on a variety of topics
- Queries regarding Open Access policies
- Book and journal recommendations for library purchase
Definition of Built Environment
What is Built Environment?
Man-made structures, features, and facilities viewed collectively as an environment in which people live and work.
‘architects who are helping to shape the built environment in this newly prominent region’ ‘the town really has a marvellous built environment’. (Oxford Dictionary)