Postgraduate 1/2020 & Undergraduate 1/2020
(View on how to get the new class ID and password below!)
Note: Previous classes (Postgraduate 2/2019 and Undergraduate 2/2019) will automatically expire on 31st December 2019. Any report generated from those classes cannot be retrieved once the class expires.
*Please Note that Turnitin have recently changed the location of a few functions, as such please do explore the new layout on your own until an updated manual is ready as the official Turnitin website did not provide an updated guide, which you are also welcomed to explore. TQ.
The manual covers:
I am a new user, what do I do?
1. You need to create an account. How? Just click here or just head over to turnitin.com.
Registration Tip: You can request the required the Class IDs from the Reference Desk at the University of Malaya Central Library. Just ask from the Reference Librarian or the Reference Staff! This account is an opt-out account that will not archive or save your documents.
2. How do I read my report?
You can refer to the downloadable manual above. We have provided some useful links for you to refer to within the manual.
3. Is there something I can do to lower my percentage?
There are functions that is available on Turnitin that allows you to filter your report better. Read about the filtering functions within the provided manual above.
My class ID from the Library has expired. What should I do?
1. You can personally get the updated Class ID and Password from the Reference Desk.
2. Give the Reference Desk a call at +603 - 7956 7800 for the updated Class ID and Password.
1. You are required to register using your siswamail address (or ummail address for UM staff) as per the email released by PTM dated 12 April 2017 as other addresses (gmail, yahoomail, etc) will be deleted during housekeeping.
2. You can use the same Turnitin log-in and password as long as you have access to your siswamail (or ummail). Just enroll in a new class to continue submitting your documents once the Library class ID has expired.
3. The class would be deleted once the enrollment is full ( which could be much earlier than the class expiration date) due to:
4.It is strongly advised that you download the Similarity Report for each submission and save a copy for any possibilities.
A hassle free use of Turnitin through practicing the tips below:
1. Get updated on the scheduled maintenance announcements to avoid anxiety @ https://twitter.com/turnitin
2. Instructors can benefit too from shared practices and tips as well as training videos and using existing tools for a better teaching and learning experience @ https://www.facebook.com/TurnitinTeachers and @http://turnitin.com/en_us/resources/blog.