Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Through our detailed research and determined campaigning, we help fight abuses of human rights worldwide. We bring torturers to justice. Change oppressive laws. And free people jailed just for voicing their opinion.
Bar Council UK
The Bar Council represents barristers in England and Wales. It promotes the Bar's high quality specialist advocacy and advisory services, fair access to justice for all, the highest standards of ethics, equality and diversity across the profession, and the development of business opportunities for barristers at home and abroad.
Self-help legal resources including Q&A, knowledge base, articles, legislation of Malaysia, guides, news, lawyers directory and online dictionary.
Incorporated Council of Law Reporting
ICLR publishes case law from the Superior and Appellate Courts in England and Wales
Legal Information Institute
Australasian Legal Information Institute.
A joint facility of UTS and UNSW Faculties of Law
BAILII (British and Irish Legal Information Institute). The British and Irish Legal Information Institute (BAILII ) provides open access to the most comprehensive set of British and Irish primary legal materials freely available on the internet.
Canadian Legal Information Institute
Commonwealth Legal Information Institute.
Free access to Commonwealth and Common Law
Irish Legal Information Initiative. Run by UCC Law Faculty to complement its contribution to BAILII
The Southern African Legal Information Institute. publishes legal information for free public access which comprises mainly of case law from South Africa.
SAFLII also hosts legal materials from other countries in the region which are obtained through partnerships, collaborative efforts and more recently through linking to other Legal Information Institutes established in these regions.
Free, independent and non-profit access to worldwide law
Free access to legal information in Hong Kong
Legal Information Institute (Cornell)
The LII publishes electronic versions of core materials in numerous areas of the law, primarily on the Web. They range from the Constitution to the U.S. Code, from Supreme Court decisions to the Code of Federal Regulations as well as the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Bankruptcy Procedure, and Criminal Procedure.
Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute
A facility of the University of the South Pacific School of Law
Evaluating Internet Sources
Anyone can publish content on the internet. The questions below will assist you in evaluating web pages for use as academic sources. Evaluate the following criteria before making a decision regarding the quality of a source :
- How accurate is the information presented? Are sources of factual information or statistics cited? Is there a bibliography included?
- Compare the page to related sources, electronic or print, for assistance in determining accuracy.
- Is the author's name visible? Does the author have an affiliation with an organization or institution?
- Does the author list his or her credentials? Are they relevant to the information presented?
- Is there a mailing address or telephone number included, as well as an e-mail address?
- Is the site objective? Is there a reason the site is presenting a particular point of view on a topic?
- Does the page exhibit a particular point of view or bias?
- Does the page contain advertising? This may impact the content of the information included.Look carefully to see if there is a relationship between the advertising and the content, or whether the advertising is simply providing financial support for the page.
- Was it recommended by a faculty member or another reliable source?
- Was it cited in a scholarly or credible source?
- Was it a link from a reputable site?
- Is the information provided current?
- When was the page created?
- Are dates included for the last update or modification of the page?
- Are the links current and functional?