Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Subscribed databases for Law
Current Law Journal (CLJ) and Supplement series (CLJSupp/MTC/BLJ) - judgments from the High Court, Court of Appeal and Federal Court of Malaysia reported in MCLJ printed publications from 1981 to date.
The Industrial Law Reports (ILR) - awards issued by the Industrial Courts of Malaysia and selected High Court and Appellate decisions on related cases from 1980 to date.
Laporan Syariah/Syariah Reports (CLJ(Sya)/SHR as at 2014) – reported decisions from the Syariah Courts in Malaysia from 2004 to date.
Lawnet is a website of PNMB-LawNet, an Internet Division of Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad (PNMB). We provide an Online Library of Malaysian Laws which contains the AUTHORITATIVE text of the Laws of Malaysia.
It is comprehensive and easy to use and is catered for practising lawyers, legal advisors, academicians, law students as well as people who have a daily need to refer to Malaysian laws. It delivers the most convenient, low cost and efficient solution for users through direct networking and for quick and easy access to a continuously expanding database without time and geographical limitations.
Lexis Legal Research For Academics
Lexis Research for Academics provides web-based access to thousands of publications spanning legal and general reference information with thousands of authoritative sources available. Access to today’s superior legal research platform.
HeinOnline is a premier online database containing more than 140 million pages and 125,000 titles of legal history and government documents in a fully searchable, image-based format. HeinOnline bridges the gap in historical research by providing comprehensive coverage from inception of more than 2,300 law-related periodicals. In addition to its vast collection of law journals, HeinOnline contains the entire Congressional Record, Federal Register, and Code of Federal Regulations, complete coverage of the U.S. Reports back to 1754, and entire databases dedicated to treaties, constitutions, case law, world trials, classic treatises, international trade, foreign relations, U.S. Presidents, and much more.
How to access the library's databases
To access the databases you will need to have the library ID. It is the x number on top of the barcode which can be found at the back of your matric card.
- To access the portal, simply enter the library ID into the blank box located on top of the library website http://umlib.um.edu.my.
- To request for document delivery, get in the interaktif portal using the same library ID.
Tips for Finding Articles
1. Use online databases to find articles in journals, newspapers, and magazines (periodicals). You can search for periodical articles by the article author, title, or keyword by using databases in your subject area in
2. Choose the database best suited to your particular topic.
3. Ask at the reference desk if you need help figuring out which ones are best.
4. If the article full text is not linked from the citation in the database you are using, search for the title of the periodical in our Library Catalog http://pendeta.um.edu.my. This catalog lists the print, microform, and electronic versions of journals, magazines, and newspapers available in the library.