Before joining any of our ONLINE Information Skills Sessions, we recommend that you self-enrolled into our Library SPECTRUM page.
(This is only applicable to those with access to UM SPECTRUM)
This is so that you can:
1. Have access to all the notes for referral before and after each topic.
2. Have access to various manuals and tips on using the instructed platforms
3. Have access to announcements or updates in regards to research requirements that are informed to the Library.
So please follow the steps below:
1. Log-in into UM SPECTRUM @ https://spectrum.um.edu.my/
2. Click on COURSES
3. Type XGPG0001 in the search box
4. Click on the Class titled "XGPG0001 Sesi Kemahiran Maklumat (Information Skills Session)"
5. Scroll down and you will see and Enrolment box, type in "SKM"
6. You are now enrolled in. This activity is only required to be done once for each student.
This course will develop student information management skills so that they can become effective and efficient users of information. These essential skills will contribute to the academic success as well as create a foundation for lifelong learning. Therefore, this course focus on the strategic use of information and references sources in various format. Evaluation of information obtained and the preparation of reference list is also emphasized.
UM Library are committed to helping all users become more information literate. Librarians lead information literacy library instruction sessions using best practices in effective and engaged teaching, and relate content directly to student learning outcomes.
To schedule information literacy sessions for your students, please contact person in-charge at Information Skills Division
Information Skills Session Registration Tutorial
To become lifelong learners, we need to know not just how to learn, but how to teach ourselves. We must acquire the skills necessary to be independent, self-directed learners. An information literate person should be able to: