Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Listed in this guide are databases in Business, Accounting, Economic and Administration only. Take note that there are many multidisciplinary databases which also contained resources in these subjects. Check the full list of subscribed databases in A-Z Online Databases
How to get articles not available in the library
If the journal article you need is not available in the library, you may request for the article via "Publication Supply"
Financial & economics data
Eikon (with Datastream for Office)
Description: Provides access to time series for more than 3.5 million global financial instruments, securities and indicators across multiple assets classes.
To use 'Static Data Request' and 'Time Series Request', users must download DatastreamForOffice and log on via the Excel Add-In. Please turn the Excel Add-In to OFFLINE before closing the program to enable other users to use the ID account. For help, contact 79673382 or email email@example.com
News & Image Bank (formerly NSTP e-media)
Description: NIB or News & Image Bank is an online newspaper archival service, which offers archived news articles, photographs, and PDF copies of the newspapers published by The New Straits Times Press (M) Berhad (NSTP).
The newspapers archived in NIB are the New Straits Times, New Sunday Times, Business Times, Berita Harian, Berita Minggu (Malay), Harian Metro, Metro Ahad (Malay), Sunday Mail, Malay Mail & Weekend Mail.
Theses & Dissertations
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- Description: ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Subject: Business and Economics; Medical Sciences; Science; Technology; Agriculture; Social Sciences; Arts; Humanities
Academic Search Elite @EBSCOhost
- Description: Academic institutions worldwide depend on this database as their core resource of scholarly information. Designed to meet every researcher's needs, this resource contains valuable, comprehensive multidisciplinary content and provides access to acclaimed full-text journals, magazines, and other valuable resources.
- Subject: Multi discipline - Education ; Economics ; Social Sciences ; Medicine etc.
- Coverage: 1985 onwards
Business Source Complete @EBSCOhost
- Description: Business Source® Complete is the world's definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full-text content.
- Subject: Commerce
Business Source Elite @EBSCOhost
- Description: This resource provides full-text coverage of scholarly business, management and economics journals. The collection also includes publications covering topics such as accounting, banking, finance, international business, marketing, sales and more.
- Subject: Business ; Accounting ; Banking ; Finance
- Coverage: 1985 onwards
- Description: The Electronic Management Research Library Database. Prominent journals include: Management Decision; European Journal of Marketing; International Journal of Operations & Production Management; Personnel Review; The TQM Magazine; Library Management
- Subject: Covers the major management disciplines including, marketing, HR and organizational development, library & information management, quality and operations management.
- Coverage: 1989-Present
Entrepreneurial Studies Source @EBSCOhost
- Description: Entrepreneurial Studies Source provides the latest insight into topics relevant to entrepreneurship and small business. This database offers users full text for more than 125 key periodicals, 135 reference books, case studies, thousands of company profiles and over 600 videos with transcripts and related articles from the Harvard Faculty Series and Vator.TV.
- Subject: Entrepreneurship
- Description: JSTOR is a not-for-profit organization with a dual mission to create and maintain a trusted archive of important scholarly journals, and to provide access to these journals as widely as possible. JSTOR offers researchers the ability to retrieve high-resolution, scanned images of journal issues and pages as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated. The journals archived in JSTOR span many disciplines.
- Subject: Subscribed collections are Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV and V; Business II Collection
- Description: Access to 100 ISEAS titles.
- Subject: Social Sciences
- Description: 390 business ebook titles
- Subject: Business
- Description: Springer introduces the world’s most comprehensive digitized scientific, technical and medical (STM) book collection. The Springer eBook Collection offers the first online book collection especially made for the requirements of researchers and scientists.
- Subject: Architecture,Design & Arts; Behavioral Sciences; Biomedical & Life Sciences; Business & Economics; Chemistry & Material Science; Computer Science; Earth & Environmental Science; Engineering; Humanities, Soc Sciences & Law; Mathematics; Physics & Astronomy
- Coverage: Subscribed collections: 2006-2013
World Scientific (Books)
- Description: Only 36 titles. Access granted by Malaysian Citation Center
World Scientific publishes about 600 new titles a year and 130 journals in various fields. Many of its books are recommended texts adopted by renowned institutions such as Harvard University, California Institute of Technology, Stanford University and Princeton University