Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to get books not available in the library
If the book you need is not available in the library, you may
- Request to borrow the book from other institutions via "Publication Supply", or
- Suggest books for the library to purchase.
Send your request/suggestion via eServices at interaktif portal.
What is Kindle Paperwhite?
eBooks and eBook readers are prevalent in modern countries. By using Amazon Kindle, the charge of obtaining books are cheaper and quicker. The advantages of Kindle are:
- Portability: Light and easy to carry
- Capacity: Reader can store hundreds of books in their collection
- Software-based dictionary: Tap on any word text and its definition is displayed.
- Enhance reading skill: Notes can be exported and the reader can create their own personal reading list.
- Bookmark: Amazon kindle auto-book mark the last page reader read without scrolling or page-turning again.
The University of Malaya Library is offering users to use this tab. UM, Library Kindle is pre-loaded with bestsellers, popular, motivational and Inspirational titles. Currently, UM's students and staffs are eligible to borrow a Kindle Tab for two weeks.
How do I test out Kindle?
We have placed a few Kindles at the Service Counter, Central Library for you to try out. Briefings on how to use the Kindles will be held from time to time. Watch out for the announcement on the library website, Facebook and Twitter.
How do I borrow a Kindle Reader?
5 Kindle Readers are available for loans for two weeks. Take note of the terms and condition of borrowing :
- Do not download or delete any content from the Kindle without the permission of the
- Return the Kindle on or before its due date.
Kindles are available at the following locations :
- Service Counter, Central Library. Please refer to Opening hours at the Library Website
- Please return the Kindles at the same place.
Theses and the EThOS Service
Theses and the EThOS Service
EThOS stands for Electronic Theses Online Service. It is a service operated by the British Library and allows you to search for and view theses written by students at UK universities. EThOS is a free service but you are required to register at http://ethos.bl.uk.
Malaysian Thesis Online
Malaysian Theses Online : MYTO
Theses collection compiled from public academic universities and university colleges as well as private academic universities. Displays bibliografic records only. Borrowing and digital content are subject to the respective library policies.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- Publisher: ProQuest LLC
- Access: Web | Active | Full-text | CampusNet and Remote
- Description: ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Subject: Business and Economics; Medical Sciences; Science; Technology; Agriculture; Social Sciences; Arts; Humanities
- Publisher: Universe Digital Library
- Access: Web | Active | Full-text: Subscribed Titles Only | CampusNet and Remote
- Description: READ ONLY access to the selected University of Malaya Theses and Dissertations.
*the link only works when you are within the authenticated IPs. For remote access please login to UM interaktif portal and search the publication in by title in the respective database.
University of Malaya Theses & Dissertations
Browse a list of UM theses categorized by faculty. This list is available at Library Website.
RSS Feed@University of Malaya Theses and Dissertations