Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Library Catalog
Indian Studies Library: An Introduction
The Indian Studies Library was established in 1987 as a special library within the University of Malaya Library. The collection of approximately 20,000 volumes in this library is mainly in Tamil script. It is considered to be the largest single Tamil collection in the country. The collection comprises mainly books on classical and modern Tamil literature. There are also books on linguistics, religion, culture, history, biography, fine arts, anthropology, sociology and psychology.
Your subject librarian, Mrs Vijayalatchumy is based at the Indian Studies Library. Please contact her for more information regarding:
- General library services & resources
- Library inductions and information skills training
- In-depth research support (eg;Resecher ID class, online databases etc)
- Individual or group consultations as required on a variety of topics
- Queries regarding Open Access policies
- Book and journal recommendations for library purchase